Thursday, September 6, 2012

A trip of a lifetime!

In March my parents took me on a trip of a lifetime. We went to Washington DC! It was my first time and I have to se it was amazing. (I'm summerizing because there are so many pictures) I was able to see some of my Mom's biological family which was incredible! I loved talking with them and hearing stories of my grandfather. Really loved my Uncle Mark!! We did lots of sight seeing. My Mom and I did one of those open top busses that you could get on and off. It was a great way to see all there is to see. We saw the National Catherdral, Embassey Row, The Vice Presidents house and saw him leaving it in a motorcade, Lincoln Memorial, Washington Memorial, Vietnam Memorial, Arlington Cemeterey, tomb of the unknown soldier!! My Mom applied for a White House tour and we got one!!! That was great!! Loved it! We also did a Capitol tour...my least favorite thing. The last day I was there we went to Georgetown, mainly so I could go to Georgetown cupcakes! When I asked the kids what kind of thing they wanted me to bring them from my trip they said "DC cupcakes" I went there and had them overnight a dozen home for the kids! They were yummy!! This was a trip of a lifetime and I am so glad I was able to go!

No comments: