Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Date with my Dad

In early April my Dad took me to San Francisco to see a Giants vs. Dodgers game. We are huge Dodgers fans so I was really excited to go. We went to san Francisco early so we could head to pier 39 for the grilled salmon on a bun!! Then we headed over to the stadium. A girlfriend I grew up with works for the Giants and hooked us up with club level passes, it was great.

This was the first Giants/Dodgers series after the Bryan Stow incedent. Both teams took the field together. Jamie Carroll from the Dodgers and Jeremy Affeldt addressed the crowd. They both explained that baseball is one of America's greatest past times and rivalry is what makes the game fun, however that stressed that that rivalry stays on the field. They said that we all have the right to root for Orange and Black or Blue and White but violence should NEVER be involved. There wasn't a dry eye in the house!! I was so glad to get to be there and see the unity between the two teams after such a horrible incendent.


1 comment:

Mindy said...

What a fun day for you and your dad!